Roles and Responsibilities
Everyone is responsible for doing his or her part to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of OPM data and systems in a safe and secure working environment.
Here is a summary of what you SHOULD do:
- Do follow security procedures.
- Do report security problems, incidents, and suspicious or unusual behavior.
- Do ask for identification from unknown individuals, including maintenance people.
- Do recognize the accountability assigned to your User ID and password.
- Do use anti-virus software and ensure that its signature files are up to date.
- Do follow Agency rules about installing software.
- Do read end user license agreements.
- Do shred sensitive documents before disposal.
- Do log out or lock your workstation before leaving it unattended.
- Do back up your local hard drive.
- Do keep food and drink away from your computer and keyboard.
- Do create passwords that are difficult to guess.
- Do limit personal use of your system, especially email and the Internet.
- Do ensure "need to know" before sharing information.
- Do keep your laptop and other personal electronic devices safe while traveling.