Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the importance of information security as it relates to the Office of Personnel Management as a whole and to you as an employee of the Agency and caretaker of a U.S. Government computer and OPM data
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities to information security at OPM and incorporate safeguards from threats and vulnerabilities into your daily routine
- Recognize viruses and malicious code and respond appropriately if you encounter any viruses or malicious code within any component of the OPM IT system
- Understand your roles and responsibilities as they relate to basic practices for computer security including securing passwords/PIV credentials, supporting cyber security best practices, and protecting all your information technology equipment. (This includes third party service providers that are responsible for Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance)
- Follow proper OPM security policies while teleworking
At the end of the course there is a twelve question knowledge summary. You must complete the knowledge summary to receive credit for completing this course.